When most people decide to go to a sports bar, it’s usually because they’re looking for a more exciting atmosphere than their couch provides. A sports bar can make you feel like you’re a part of the event without actually being in the stadium. When you’re searching for the right sports bar in San Francisco, CA, there are a few tips you can follow.
- > The waitresses should be pleasant to be around. If you plan on spending at least an hour and a half at a sports bar watching the game, you want to make sure the people service you are nice, respectful, and timely. During a big game, the sports bar is bound to be crowded. The waitresses need to be on their game. If your team lost, you definitely don’t want to be sitting at the bar for an extra 30 minutes because she is still trying to figure out which check goes to which table.
- > If the bar offers bulk alcohol, you’re in luck. It isn’t always necessary to get alcohol in bulk, but if you bring the guys to the bar to watch the big game, it’s super helpful if you can just order a pitcher of beer. It’s not only cheaper to get an entire pitcher of beer, but nothing can give you the same community feeling that a pitcher provides. Even if the bar only offers a fishbowl of mixed drinks, that’s better than ordering them all individually.
- > Look for an awesome sound system. You want to be able to actually hear what’s going on in the game over the voices of the people in the bar, though you don’t want the sound to be deafening.
- > Make sure the bar has enough televisions. More often than not, there are usually multiple games taking place at once. If you’re interested in college games while everyone else is watching the major league stuff, you want to make sure that the bar has enough TVs to play your game.
- > Don’t settle for a bar that has good drinks but terrible food. You’re probably going to get hungry at some point, and it’s much more enjoyable to have some amazing hot wings during the game rather than a bowl of peanuts.
- > Comfortable seating is important. You’re going to be spending hours at this sports bar watching the game. You don’t want to sit on a bar stool the whole time.